Are There Other Ways I Can Help?
Yes! We understand that not everyone wants to be a foster parent. Yet children in foster care and their foster parents need community support. There are many ways that you can help the children in foster care in Anne Arundel County as well as the foster parents themselves.
- Become a respite parent for a foster child
- Call our Recruitment Specialist at 410-897-3909 to find out how you can get involved in our recruitment efforts
- Hire a foster child to work for you and/or your company
- Have your business or civic groups sponsor a special event or activity for foster/adoptive families
- Donate goods and services for children in foster care, such as computers or school supplies
- Call our Volunteer Office at 410-269-4461 or 301-261-1756 ext. 4461 to get more information about being a mentor to a child in foster care